NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
No purchase necessary to participate or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
- Eligibility. The ‘Black Friday’ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who (i) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, (ii) sign a new lease with Tricon Residential (“TR”) between Tuesday, November 8, 2022, and November 30, 2022; or (iii) alternatively enter the Sweepstakes as noted below during the Entry Period defined in Paragraph 2. Employees, associates, officers, directors and contractors of Sponsor (as defined below) and its affiliated companies and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or persons residing in the same household, are not eligible to participate or to win a prize. Only person per new lease is eligible; additional residents or occupants under the lease are not eligible. Residents who sign renewal leases are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing. The entry period begins on or around Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on Friday, November 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor. TR, located at 15771 Red Hill Ave, Tustin, CA 92780, is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes (“Sponsor”). Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs, corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- How to Enter. Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period by completing a rental application online available at https://applynow.triconah.com/application/landing , and signing a new lease with TR. Only one (1) entry permitted per person. During the Entry Period, you may alternatively become an Entrant and receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes by mailing a handwritten, stamped 3×5″ postcard to TR, Attn: Tricon Residential – Black Friday 2022 to 15771 Red Hill Ave, Tustin, CA 92780 (the “Sweepstakes Address”). To be eligible, the postcard must contain your first and last name, month and year of birth, email address, complete mailing address (including city, state and zip code), and phone number (including area code) (each eligible 3×5″ postcard, a “Mail-In Entry”). Postcards must be handwritten and no copies or reproductions will be accepted. Entrants may submit only one Mail-In Entry; each Mail-In Entry is one entry in the Sweepstakes. Each Mail-In Entry must be postmarked and received at the Sweepstakes Address during the Entry Period to be eligible. Each Mail-In Entry will be entered in the Sweepstakes as of the date it is received at the Sweepstakes Address. Current TR residents, their immediate family members and persons living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- The Prize. Each eligible entrant who completes an online application and signs a new lease will be entered into a drawing to receive one (1) American Express gift card valued at $2,500, with an aggregate retail value of $2,500, or one (1) of three (3) American Express gift cards valued at $500, with an aggregate retail value of $500 (each a “Prize”). No cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed. All federal, state, and local taxes and all other expenses and costs, not expressly listed as included in the prize, are the winners’ sole responsibility. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor Entities have no responsibility or liability for damages or losses resulting from participation in Contest or acceptance or use of any prize. Prizes are non-transferable and provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, except as may be provided by manufacturer.
- Selection of the Winner. The winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries received during Entry Period. The Sweepstakes will be held in Tustin, California, on or about December 2, 2022. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on total number of eligible entries received. The winner need not be present to win. The potential winner will be notified by email at the email address provided on the entry form on or around December 2, 2022. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release. If the potential winner is ineligible or unwilling to accept the Prize, or does not return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of notification, an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received and notified in the same manner. The Prize will be mailed to the winner at the winner’s postal address. The winner should allow ten (10) business days after winner confirmation for delivery of the Prize. The Prize will be awarded.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, its affiliated companies’ and their agents’ use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Release. Sponsor and its affiliated companies and its employees, directors, officers, shareholders, partners, members and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) are not responsible for printing or typographical errors, stolen or fraudulent entries, or entries that are delayed, garbled or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human or technical failures. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages or costs of any kind arising in connection with, or as a result of, any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or the winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize. Entrant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Parties harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participation in the Sweepstakes, winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize, or any use of information about the winner. Entrant acknowledges that he/she is familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Being aware of said code section, entrant hereby expressly waives any rights he/she may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
- Administration of Sweepstakes: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes or void the entries at issue, including without limitation if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration or proper play of the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entire Agreement: These Official Rules and any Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, serve as entrant’s or winner’s agreement with Sponsor and reflect the entire understanding between entrant or winner and Sponsor concerning the Sweepstakes and the subject matter hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions, which will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term. No modification or waiver of the terms of this agreement shall be effective unless made in a writing signed by all parties.
- Taxes; Other Charges. The winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize and for any expenses not specifically mentioned in the Prize description. Sponsor may request information from the winner for tax reporting. Entrants are responsible for all online charges of any internet service or wireless carrier.
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Disputes. Any dispute with Sponsor arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or the Prize will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Orange County, California.
For a copy of these Official Rules or name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Tricon Residential, Attn: Marketing Department, located at 15771 Red Hill Ave, Tustin, CA 92780. The winner’s name will be available on or after December 2, 2022.