Save With Solar
Tricon Solar Home
In our ongoing commitment to environmental stewardship and providing exceptional value for our residents, Tricon Residential is excited to make solar energy available at select homes. Tricon’s Solar Homes use 100% clean, pollution-free and renewable energy sources.
How It Works
- Tricon installed a solar and battery system on the home.
- The solar and battery system will generate power every day from the sun and provide backup power during outages.
- Everything that uses electricity will work exactly as it did before.
- You will have a monthly bill from Tricon for the solar and a monthly bill from your utility that has been reduced by the amount of solar generated.
Have Peace of Mind by Helping the Environment & Saving on Your Electricity Costs
Using solar means reducing reliance on oil, coal and natural gas for electricity production. Moving into a Tricon Solar Home provides the ultimate opportunity to help the environment and reduce your carbon footprint!
- You are still a utility customer, and the utility charges a monthly fee for basic grid services.
- Because the solar energy needs to be used when it is generated, it doesn’t always align with when you need the electricity.
- When your solar panels produce more electricity than you need (usually in the spring and summer), that energy is sent to the grid in exchange for credits. Then, when your home solar system isn’t producing as much electricity as you need (at night and in the winter), you pull energy from the grid and use those credits to offset the cost of that grid energy.
- During normal days, the battery charges from the solar panels and then the energy is distributed into your home during the high priced peak hours.
- If the power goes out, the battery will provide power overnight to the outlets in your home that are connected to the battery and will recharge during the day when the sun is shining.
- While each home is different, most essential loads covered by the battery include things like your refrigerator, garage door, internet, and TV.